Are you trying to find best FREE screen recorders to record your computer’s screen without watermak? Well this post will cover the simplest free screen recording software for windows and mac.
If you’re a YouTuber who create tutorials or informational videos or if you’re performing on bug reports or thinking of starting an academic blog or video channel then screen recorder may be a must have software for you. Also if you’ll add great narrations or voice to your screencast videos, you’ll start a YouTube channel without even showing your face.
Some premium screen recording softwares cost around 300$. Well if you’ll get your job through with a free tool, then I bet you won’t want to spend those huge amounts.
In this article i will be able to mention about the simplest free screen recording softwares that gives premium features for free of charge .
This article mentions the screen recorders which are completely free and therefore the short term free versions like trial versions aren’t included during this post. So you’ll plow ahead and check out the software and determine which works best for you.
Here are some best free screen recording softwares to start out a successful YouTube channel and other purposes.
OBS studio is a free and open source screen recorder for windows, mac and Linux which also comes handy just in case you would like live streaming.
The interface and found out of OBS software are often a touch intimidating for the typical users but with simple setup tutorial, you’ll start in jiffy.
OBS studio helps you to record your screen in high resolution and you’ll record the sound from your microphone also.
Here are a number of the simplest features of OBS software.
- Real time audio/video capturing and mixing
- Create unlimited scenes with different sources like browsers, images, text
- Powerful configurational options
- Intuitive audio mixing features like noise suppression
- Available for Windows, macOS and Linux
- Can also be used for live streaming
- Requires a bit of technical knowledge to get started
- Doesn’t provide features like mouse click recording
- Does not have an editor
Free cam is an awesome and straightforward tool to make screencast videos.
It is a totally free tool with no deadline, no watermark and ads and allows you to record your screen in HD quality.
Free cam has the awesome features of mouse highlighting, recording audio alongside the video and also features a simple editor to trim your video and audio.
You can export the recorded screen video in WMV format. Also, direct upload to YouTube is out there during this app.
It is available for Windows only.
- No deadline and watermarks
- Highlight the mouse
- Record voice and system audio
- Has a simple inbuilt editor to edit video and audio
- Directly upload to YouTube
- Easy to use for anyone
- Only available for Windows
- Export format is WMV and quality 720p
ShareX is an open source screen free recording and screen capture tool with many premium features. it’s a light-weight and ad free tool with annotation tools and lots of premium features like adding your own watermark, gif recording and direct upload to different destinations.
- Fullscreen, active window, custom region and lots of more capture methods
- Hotkeys for straightforward navigation
- Annotation tools like rectangle, arrow, blur etc
- Add Custom watermarks
- No inbuilt editor available
- Webcam recording not available
- Compatible only with Windows
Flashback express is a free version of a professional screen recording software. But the free version does the work for many of the cases. So if you’re trying to find an honest screen recorder for free of charge , this will be an option for you.
You can also record webcam footage, highlight mouse clicks, record voice and therefore the better part is it’s no deadline and watermark.
It is available for windows and you’ll export your recorded video as MP4, AVI and WMV format with the free version of flashback express.
Also if you’re trying to find a free screen recorder for gameplays, you’ll inspect their free game recorder named FBX which provides reliable and lag free game recording for free of charge .
- No watermark and deadline
- Capture webcam
- Add commentary within the videos
- Export as MP4, AVI and WMV format
- Available for windows only
- No editor in free version
Ezvid is a full featured video editor and straightforward screen recorder consistent with their website. And if you are trying it you’ll realize it really is straightforward screen recorder with premium features for free of charge and inbuilt editor.
It comes with features like facecam recording, drawing on screen, speech synthesis to place computer generated voice, free music and awesome editor to edit your videos right after recording them. you’ll also use the editor to edit other videos.
- Provides facecam recording
- Speech synthesis to get computer generated voice
- Draw while recording the screen for better illustration
- Easy to use video speed control
- Has a inbuilt powerful video editor
- Only available for windows
- Not much development has been wiped out the app after late 2017